Did you know that it takes 3 months for sperm to be produced? What Is Sperm Made Of? Well, the structure & properties of sperm are way more complicated than you think!
What Is Sperm Made Of?
A single sperm looks like a tadpole and consists of a head, neck, midpiece, and tail and is 40 to 250μm long — that unit of measurement is micrometers, AKA super small.
At the onset of puberty, immature reproductive cells called spermatogonia through the process of spermatogenesis, where they begin to multiply quickly and continue to divide and divide to eventually develop mature sperm, spermatozoa.
The sperm maturation process occurs in long tight tubes in the testes called seminiferous tubules.
The sperm head contains an elongated haploid nucleus, the anterior portion of which is covered by a cap-like structure acrosome. The acrosome is filled with enzymes that help fertilization of the ovum. The middle piece possesses numerous mitochondria, which produce energy for movement of the tail that facilitates sperm motility essential for fertilization.
Some Interesting Facts About Sperm:
1. The human male ejaculates 200 to 300 million sperms during coitus. 60% must have a normal shape and 40% show vigorous
2. Semen is made up of high levels of protein and carbohydrates, but it also contains fat, zinc, and calcium, which fights tooth decay.
3. Semen can reduce the risk of developing depression. Semen also contains spermophagia, which promotes happiness.
4. Semen contains spermidine, a compound which is responsible for slowing down the aging process.
5. Sperm dies as it dries out and is also killed by fresh water
6. The more you exercise, the more sperm you produce
Show your love in the comment box below if the post worth it, share it with your friends and family to let them, groom. And don’t forget to join Softiview to get updated to more awesome posts like this!
Thanks for reading…