Sudden hunger ha! Only to be left staring at empty refrigerator shelves and kitchen cabinets. Now, that’s the time you might need some help with some really easy recipes that you can make in about 15 minutes.
No matter if you’re short on time or just too lazy to cook, these quick snacks will be always be a quick hack for you!
Here are the Top 5 15 minute Easy Snack Recipes That Are Extremely Delicious!
#1. Boiled Eggs With Spice Magic
This recipe has personally been a life saver ever since I have it for the first time.
Even if you are not a big fan of eggs or yellow yolks, this snack does a pretty good job of camouflaging the egginess, so think no more: you have a sure-fire snack here!
How to prepare:
- Add 6 cups of water in a medium size pot to a boil. Preferably not too big of a pot so when you soak the eggs in the liquid, the liquid can cover the eggs completely.
- Boil the eggs as you would normally make hard-boiled eggs, around 10 minutes. Let them cool and then peel off.
- Cut in slices & add seasoning- chili powder, black salt, cumin, garlic powder, curry powder, & lastly chopped onions & coriander (you can add your own favorite spices too).
#2. Avocado Jam & Bread
Avocado is a fruit and not a vegetable. It is rich in fats and in Vitamin E. There are many ways you can enjoy this fruit, two of the most common are guacamole and sauce. However, one of the most original is avocado jam, ideal for spreading on bread and with a very distinctive taste.
Steps to prepare:
- Ripe avocados, find out when this fruit is in season, when you touch it is neither too hard nor too soft, you’ve got the right type to prepare the awesome avocado jam.
- Be careful while choosing all the avocados by making sure they are ripe enough.
- Once you got this done, cut them open you should work quickly to cook them and keep them from going bad.
- To cut and peel it, open it in half, take out the pit and, using a spoon, separate the skin.
- Note that the 500 grams of avocado needs to be the weight after it’s cut; it’s important because you use half the weight of the fruit for the sugar in the avocado jam.
- Mix both ingredients with lemon juice and put both ingredients in a saucepan for about three hours to mix well.
(3 HOURS, ya! For once you have to pay this effort in making avocado jam but later on you can reap the benefits by just taking a few slices of bread with this tasty jam to satisfy your hunger!)
- Next, put the pan on the heat and let it simmer for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally. The idea is that the mixture is not a liquid but becomes a homogeneous dough.
- Once we have this, turn off the heat and put the jam in glass, airtight containers to make sure it is kept in good condition for longer and we can eat it slowly.
#3. Vegan Tacos
Vegan taco can be of different types but the one we’ll be taking about is a veg one! It is made from seeds and veggies, yet looks and tastes like the ground beef version! This plant-based alternative to taco meat is perfect for your next fiesta.
Steps to prepare:
- Pulse the pepitas (or walnuts) and sun dried tomatoes until a fine meal forms. Set aside in a small bowl.
- Next, shred cauliflower, mushrooms, carrots, onions and garlic. If you don’t have a shredding attachment in your food processor, pulse small amounts using the S-blade until finely chopped but not pureed.
- Cook the shredded vegetables over high heat until the moisture evaporate and the vegetables are cooked through, about 6 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to medium & add the pepitas and sun-dried tomato mixture into it, and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the seasoning mix and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the water and cook for 3-5 minutes until the most of the water has evaporated (let some juice left to make it taste great)
- That’s it! Now fill your taco with this stuffing & enjoy the satisfying spicy taste.
They’re soft & fluffy! Each mouthful melts in your mouth… you’ll be reaching for more than one stack. Possibly.
But making a perfect pancake is an art, too thick and they will be gluggy and under-cooked on the inside. Too runny, and the pancakes will spread out and won’t fluff up.
It has to be thick BUT able to run slowly and nicely off of the spoon. Here’s the key to make this perfect snack.
Steps to prepare:
- Take a good quality non-stick pan & preheat it! Once it’s hot, lower the heat down to low-medium heat. Wait about two minutes. This part is crucial and so worth it. Lightly grease the pan with a small amount of butter (yes, on non stick pans too), and wipe away any excess butter with a sheet of paper towel.
- Use a 1/4 cup measuring cup to pour your batter so you get perfect, evenly sized pancakes. Start pouring from the middle, then continue pouring slowly in a circular motion so that the batter spreads into perfect round shapes.
- Allow the pancakes to cook properly! Don’t rush them on high heat, or flip them too early. Let that under-side cook to a beautiful golden brown color, and when bubbles start forming on top, they are ready to flip.
- Grab a good, plastic spatula and slide it underneath the pancake. Use your WRIST to gently flip them instead of using your whole arm. You’ll know what I mean when you’re in front of your pan ready to flip. THIS makes a HUGE difference.
#5. Microwave Mug Pizza
Recipes that you can make in a mug are always clutch when you are on a budget/super busy.
Snack like ‘Pizza in a Mug’ just might be one of the best inventions of our generation. It’s fast, cheap and ecofriendly. Plus, you can finally put that big mug to use and personalize your pizza.
Steps to prepare:
- Mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt into a large, microwaveable mug.
- Add milk and oil and stir.
- Spread marinara on top of batter.
- Sprinkle on cheese, pepperoni, and Italian herbs.
- Microwave for 1.5 minutes or until cheese is bubbling.
- And you’re good to go!
This were the Top 5 15 Minute Easy Snack Recipes, hope you liked it. Feel free to share any of your favorite easy snack recipes.
Show your love in the comment box below if the post worth it, share it with your friends and family to let them groom. And don’t forget to join Softiview to get updated to more awesome posts like this!
Thanks for reading…