Dark elbows & knees can be embarrassing especially if you’re a lady. For women it is really embarrassing to wear short skirts or any sleeveless dresses with dark knees and elbows.
The reason behind dark skin on elbows & knees are thick, dead skin cells formed by the friction or pressure on elbows or knees that causes the skin to turn dark.
Though this can occur to anyone, the good thing about it is you can easily get rid of them using various home remedies.
Below are 5 easiest of them:
#1. Olive Oil
As you may know, it has got natural bleaching properties that reduces darkness. It also softens the rough skin on the knees and elbow giving it smoothness and glow all together. This is one of the cheapest remedies for dark skin formed by friction and dryness.
You can also go for mixing one tbsp of sugar to this for even effective results! What sugar will do is, it will help rub off the embedded dirt in the creases of your elbows & knees.
- Rub off your dark elbows & knees with warm olive oil every day for about 10 minutes.
- Also, add a tbsp sugar to it if you want to!
#2. Aloe Vera Gel
Sun is one other cause of dark elbows & knees! Due to overexposure to sun our elbows and knees turn dark.
Aloe Vera reduces this harmful effects of sun to prevents our skin from turning dark.
It also moisturizes the skin and prevents the skin from any sort of dryness that may lead to darkening of the skin.
You can apply Aloe Vera just before going out to help your skin protect from sun & can also perform this remedy at night, just before bed. Apply it on your elbow & let it moisturize your skin overnight!
- Arrange fresh leaves of Aloe Vera if you can otherwise you can go for market gel too. If you have fresh leaves take out the gel by breaking the fleshy leaf.
- Apply the gel to the desired area and leave it for half an hour to achieve a fresh looking skin on your elbows and knees.
#3. Baking soda
Baking soda is the all-rounder of skincare, it comes into action at every event, also it’s easily available so becomes the best option to go for!
It’s the natural cleansing properties of baking soda that makes it a amazingly effective solution for getting rid of those dark spots on your body.
But hey, baking soda can act a bit troublesome on some people’s skin. It can cause severe dryness if used too often, it may also bleach the skin around your elbows and knees. So what to do next?
Simple, start-off applying it only to the dark spots, and limit the use to once every two or three days. Once the skin starts to lighten, only use it once a week.
- Make a paste of Baking Soda using milk or water (milk will be a good option).
- Apply the paste on your elbows and knees and rinse after five minutes. Don’t keep it too long!
- Do this once a week for two months.
#4. Lemon juice
The abundant vitamin C present in the lemon juice will lighten your dark elbows & knees!
At the same time its acidic properties will exfoliate the upper damaged layer of skin to reveal the cleaner skin underneath.
- Take a lemon & squeeze the juice out.
- Apply the juice on the areas, massage gently, leave on for 10-20 minutes. Next rinse with warm water.
- Repeat this for a couple of weeks to see the difference.
#5. Apple Cider Vinegar
Vinegar or apple cider vinegar contains mild acids that helps remove dead cells, and is also a great disinfectant.
But don’t forget to dilute it by adding some amount of water as it can cause some bleaching effect.
- Take a few tbsp of vinegar in a bowl with some water.
- Apply it at the desired area with the help of cotton & leave it for about ten minutes or till the time it is dry.
- Rinse it with cold water, and repeat it thrice a week to see results.
Show your love in the comment box below if the post worth it, share it with your friends and family to let them groom. And don’t forget to join Softiview to get updated to more awesome posts like this!
Thanks for reading…