There are many healthy foods in the world that we should be selected to eat for good health. However, you can only include a limited amount of food on the list of healthiest foods in the world. In order to maximize the number of nutrients you take, it makes sense to spend your “calorie budget” wisely.
The best way to do this is simply to eat the foods that carry the most nutrients. You just can’t miss out on 5 of the world’s healthiest foods!
I hope that the list on this post will be useful for you to decide on healthy food.
Avocado or alligator pear is a healthy fruit grown in South America since 8000 B.C. This fruit is now growing in large quantities in Mexico, Chile, the Dominican Republic, and the United States. Avocados are rich in many essential minerals and vitamins, including vitamins A, D, C, B-6, B-12, magnesium, calcium and iron.
Avocados have low sugar content. And they contain fiber, which helps you to feel more full. People who added half a fresh avocado to their lunch in one study were less interested in eating for the next three hours.
Researchers find that replacing only 5% of your calories with saturated fat such as butter or cheese with monounsaturated fat such as avocados could reduce the risk of heart attack by more than one third. Avocados are also high in beta-sitosterol, a plant sterol that prevents food from absorbing cholesterol, and glutathione, a powerful antioxidant, is an anticancer compound.
Crispy and savory apples are one of the world’s healthiest foods. Apple is undoubtedly a powerhouse for nutrition because it is rich in dietary fibers, phytonutrients, thiamine, riboflavin, and vitamin B-6.
Phytonutrients and antioxidants in apples can help reduce the risk of cancer, high blood pressure, diabetes, and heart disease. Apples also have low calories and many health benefits such as:
- Reduces your risk of stroke
- Aids weight loss in a variety of ways
- Lowers levels of bad cholesterol
- Boost Your Energy Levels
- Enhances Skin Conditions
- Controls Bodyweight
- Controls Bodyweight
- Improves neurological health
- Maintains cardiovascular health
- A Healthy snack for diabetics
- And many more…
Almond is a great health and wellness food. It has more benefits for health than any other nuts. Antioxidants, proteins, and minerals are found abundant in almonds.
Some of its benefits are:
1. Reduce the risk of heart attack
Rich in monounsaturated fats it helps reduce the risk of heart attacks and disease.
2. Blood pressure Stabilize
The benefits of potassium to prevent high blood pressure and atherosclerosis by maintaining heart function and balancing normal blood pressure.
3. Prevent Cancer
Fiber supports to detoxify your body and smooth the digestive system. Prevent and reduce the risk of colon cancer.
4. Ease Constipation
Fiber Helps poop smoothly by eating 4-5 almonds A day, it helps to improve your digestion and movement of the intestines.
5. Prevent diabetes and cardiovascular disease
Reduce the increase in blood sugar after meals. Regulate the absorption of glucose to prevent high sugar levels in the body.
Fresh bananas are available throughout the year and should be added to your daily diet. Bananas can relieve morning sickness, reduce tension, cure diabetes and improve heart health.
It is fat-free and contains nutrients such as manganese, vitamin C, potassium, dietary fiber, iron, vitamin A and protein.
Few of its benefits are:
2. Before an exhausting workout, eat two bananas to pack an energy punch and maintain your blood sugar.
3. It strengthens your blood and relieves anemia from bananas with added iron.
4. Bananas act as a prebiotic and stimulate the growth of bacteria in the intestine. Digestive enzymes are also produced to help absorb nutrients.
5. They are rich in pectin, banana aid digestion and toxins and heavy metals gently chelate from the body.
6. Bananas contain high levels of B-vitamins, potassium, and magnesium to accelerate recovery from withdrawal effects.
#5. Sweet Potato
Sweet potatoes are a worldwide vegetable that is readily available, cheap and rich in nutrients. In sweet potatoes, there is no fat rich in dietary fibers and antioxidants that are very good for your health.
Sweet potatoes are a rich fiber source and contain a variety of vitamins and minerals including iron, calcium, selenium, and most of our B vitamins and vitamin C are a good source of them.
One of the main nutritional benefits of sweet potato is that it is high in an antioxidant known as beta-carotene, which once consumed is converted to vitamin A. Just before serving, adding a drizzle of olive oil can further increase your absorption of beneficial beta-carotene.
Talking of its nutritional value, one medium cooked sweet potato contains approx:
- 103 calories
- 23.6 grams carbohydrates
- 2.3 grams protein
- 0.2 grams fat
- 3.8 grams of dietary fiber
- 21,907 international units vitamin A (438 percent DV)
- 22.3 milligrams vitamin C (37 percent DV)
- 0.6 milligram manganese (28 percent DV)
- 0.3 milligram vitamin B6 (16 percent DV)
- 541 milligrams potassium (15 percent DV)
- 1 milligram pantothenic acid (10 percent DV)
- 0.2 milligram copper (9 percent DV)
- 1.7 milligrams niacin (8 percent DV)
- 0.1 milligram thiamine (8 percent DV)
- 30.8 milligrams magnesium (8 percent DV)
Have I missed something? If you know some other healthier foods other than these do let me know in the comments. Share this post with your loved ones to let them know about these world’s healthiest foods. And don’t forget to join softiview to get updated to more awesome posts like this!
Thanks for reading…